Tuesday, October 21, 2008

A Blessing (in the form of a book)

Approaching a year ago, I was given a book from my old boss. He gave me this book to read while I was having surgery... or well... recovering from it. I tossed the book aside and did not read it, plus my mother took it and started reading it :-) When I went home last, I found the book and decided I was going to start reading.

I'm so glad I did.

What book you ask?

The Shack by William P. Young

Many of you have probably heard of it, read of it, or have it and tossed it aside like me. Pick it up and start reading... Now!

I was sitting at Starbucks earlier this week and I had 5 people come up to me and talk to me about this book. I did not know how well-known this book was until that night. I couldn't believe it.

The man sitting next to me peered over the top of the newspaper he was reading and said,

Wow, you sure are getting alot of attention with that book, What is it?

So, I got the chance to tell him about it and encouraged him to pick up a copy. I think about it now and I should have just given him my copy! Hopefully he took my expert advice ;-)

I wondered why my old boss gave me The Shack, but I now know why. Struggling with surgery, struggling with living in pain, with why I have back problems... this book helps answer those "Why God" questions. It has stirred up more questions in my mind, touched my heart, given me a craving for the presence of my Father, and has given me a whole new way to picture Him. I've laughed, I've cried, and questioned my own relationship with the Lord.

While reading this book, I've marked many pages to go back and read when I'm done. I think I might just read the whole thing again! It is very unique and interesting.

I recommed this book, once you've read it, let me know what you think!

Visit the website at- www.TheShackBook.com

Hope all is well with you guys, it's been a while since I've blogged. You'd think with no job, I would have more time on my hands! :-)


No comments: